Responsible to: &Meetings Manager
Location: City of London
Salary: Competitive, to be discussed
To assist in providing this outstanding service we require a Meeting Room Coordinator to provide hands on and administrational support for &MEETINGS meeting rooms, events and conference space. You will be the go-to person for all clients and be willing to step into any task as it arises to ensure the client enjoys a great customer service experience. You will work with an onsite team and also directly with central reservations.
As you’d expect you’ll be the first point of contact for all setting up of event and meeting reservations, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the &Meetings team. That means you’ll be involved in all the meeting and conference bookings helping us to provide award-winning service.
It is a busy and varied role, including set up of meeting and conference rooms including but not limited to room layout, audio-visual equipment setup, catering and IT support. You will be required to visit various Business Centres on a weekly basis.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, BE Offices has previously won various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve succeeded in the role and there is training available every year to help you grow as a business-person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Responsible for the room set up for all meetings and conferences, in relation to IT equipment, room layout and catering.
- Responsible for ensuring all meeting rooms are left in a tidy and reasonable manner following all meetings and events
- To ensure the smooth operation of all meetings
- Check reservation system throughout the day
- Ensure all details on the systems are correct and are actioned
- To process catering orders with catering companies as and when required and to check on a weekly basis that all orders are accounted for
- Assist onsite Centre teams to ensure the smooth running of booking, events and conferences within procedural deadlines
- To carry out administrative and clerical duties as required including filing, photocopying, collating, preparation with mailings, word processing of letters, data entry and preparation of reports and other information
- Must have a positive attitude at all times and assist in keeping up staff morale
- To manage your time effectively in order to meet the needs of the business
- To go above and beyond the call of duty for the good of the company and for your own personal development
Qualification and Education – GCSE’s or above in Business Related Area – Essential
Experience – 1 year office based or customer facing work experience (face to face and via telephone) – Essential
Experience within hospitality or events industry – Desirable
Skills and Abilities – Proficient in Word and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone and face-to-face communication skills – Essential
Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Essential
Work Requirements – Flexibility to travel across to other sites on a weekly basis – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
Full Time Position – Essential
The following are applicable on successful completion of your probationary period for full time permanent employees only.
|Annual Leave||· 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays|
· Paid day off for your Birthday
· Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
|· Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)|
· Dental Care
· Life Assurance
· Corporate Eye Care
· Season Ticket Loan
· Loyalty of Service Rewards
· Cycle to work scheme
· Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
· Access to our onsite Gym
· New starter lunch voucher
|Other||· Quarterly socials paid for by the company*|
· Peer to Peer reward scheme
· Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
· Opportunity to apply for a 2 week, all-expenses paid charity trip abroad (Subject to selection)
*Terms and Conditions apply
Festive food and drink ideas for merry meetings
12 December 2018
Meetings that made entertainment history… When Kirsty MacColl met The Pogues
10 December 2018
Meetings that made entertainment history… When Graham Norton met Tom Hanks
6 December 2018
Meetings that made history… When Band Aid came together
27 November 2018