Job Title: Meetings Operations Coordinator (AV/IT)
Responsible to: &Meetings Manager
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive, to be discussed
&MEETINGS provide meeting rooms and conference facilities in each of BE Offices Business Centres. We strive to always offer the best service and leading technology.
BE Offices is an award-winning provider of flexible workspace in London and throughout the UK. Our office solutions operate under multiple brands but share the same ethos of offering a quality, cost effective working environment for businesses of all sizes. We are one of the oldest in our sector, established in 1994 and have pioneered the advance in service levels to our clients both in technological development and first-class personal service. Our long list of awards are testament to our continual drive to support and develop our teams and provide the best service in our industry.
Our vision – ‘Together, we are building the business lifestyle that everyone wants’.
To assist in providing this outstanding service we require a Meeting Operations Coordinator to oversee and provide hands on and administration support for &MEETINGS meeting rooms, events and conference space throughout our venues. You will be the go-to person for all clients and be willing to step into any task as it arises to ensure the client enjoys a great customer service experience. You will work with an onsite team and also directly with central reservations.
As you’d expect you’ll be the first point of contact for all setting up of event and meeting reservations, but more than that you’re a crucial part of the &Meetings team. That means you’ll be involved in overseeing all the meeting and conference bookings helping us to providing award-winning service.
It is a busy and varied role, including set up of meeting and conference rooms including but not limited to room layout, audio-visual equipment setup, catering and IT support. You will be required to visit various Business Centres on a weekly basis.
You’ll be dealing with clients every day so professionalism is of the utmost importance. We strive and succeed to be the best in our industry, Business Environment has previously won various awards such as BCA’s Business Centre of the Year, featuring in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For Top 100 for 7 consecutive years. We are also Investors in People accredited.
If you can juggle tasks with a smile on your face and deliver great customer service then this role is for you. We’re not afraid to promote you quickly once you’ve succeeded in the role and there is training available every year to help you grow as a business-person.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• To oversee and take responsibility for the every-day running of all IT/AV equipment within the meeting rooms
• Make regular visits to centres to ensure all equipment (including projectors and live rig) are in working order and cables in tambours are tidied away and knot free
• Troubleshooting IT connectivity issues
• To mentor the &Meetings Operations Coordinator and offer support and guidance where needed
• Work closely with the IT and Assets department with regards to meeting room fit-out at new buildings and maintenance of existing properties
• Knowledge of wireless presentation/screen emulation such as; AirTame, Kramer and ClickShare
• To keep up-to-date with new technologies to ensure that &Meetings stay ahead within the industry
• Basic understanding of Video Conferencing (hosted and on-premise)
• Basic understanding of PC operating systems as well as TCP/IP
• Configuring and deploying wireless routers and managing Wi-Fi environments
• Ensure all &Meetings collateral is up-to-date and distributed to centres
• To respond to enquiries received via e-mail/telephone/web in a timely and professional manner
• Aim to increase conversion on a monthly and annual basis in order to meet/exceed budget
• Ensure all details on the systems are correct and are actioned
• To ensure follow up of invoices and that client payments are complete and up to date
• To process catering orders with catering companies as and when required and to check on a weekly basis that all orders are accounted for
Qualification and Education:
GCSE’s or above
1 year office based or customer facing work experience – Essential
Experience within hospitality or events industry – Desirable
Experience in sales/enquiry based role – Desireable
Supervision/mentoring of junior employees- Desirable
Skills and Abilities:
Proficient in Word and Outlook – Essential
Excellent telephone and face-to-face communication skills – Essential
Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Essential
Flexibility to travel across to other sites on a weekly basis – Essential
Occasional irregular hours if required to meet business needs – Essential
Full Time Position – Essential
The following are applicable on successful completion of your probationary period for full time permanent employees only.
• 20 days holiday (for your first year of employment) plus bank holidays
• Paid day off for your Birthday
• Buy and sell up to 3 days’ holiday* or carry up to 3 days unused annual leave to the subsequent year
• Benefit Schemes
• Healthcare (plus partners/dependants)
• Dental Care
• Life Assurance
• Corporate Eye Care
• Season Ticket Loan
• Loyalty of Service Rewards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Quit smoking reward and recognition scheme
• Access to our onsite Gym
• New starter lunch voucher
• Quarterly socials paid for by the company*
• Peer to Peer reward scheme
• Up to 3 days paid leave per year to support a local charity of your choice*
• Opportunity to apply for a 10day all-expense paid charity trip abroad via POD (Subject to selection)
*Terms and Conditions apply
Festive food and drink ideas for merry meetings
12 December 2018
Meetings that made entertainment history… When Kirsty MacColl met The Pogues
10 December 2018
Meetings that made entertainment history… When Graham Norton met Tom Hanks
6 December 2018
Meetings that made history… When Band Aid came together
27 November 2018